Last week I delivered an online presentation for the North West Regional Group of The Institute of IT Training called “Office 2010 Revealed“. It was, as the title suggests, a sneaky peek at what’s coming in the soon-to-be-released Microsoft Office 2010.
- The Ribbon is still there but can now be customized.
- The Office Button has been replaced by The File Tab and Backstage View.
- BackStage View provides quick access to your 50 most recently used documents.
- You can retrieve a file even after you have closed it WITHOUT saving.
- There’s an amazingly cool way to take screenshots and insert them into your document.
- You can now create Sparkline charts in Excel.
- Using Slicers, you can analyse Pivot Table data in new and exciting ways.
- Repetitive tasks in Outlook can be automated without programming.
- New tools in Outlook means a faster way to Inbox Zero.
- You can broadcast your PowerPoint presentation to the world without the need for additional software.
- PowerPoint now includes video editing tools and some image editing tools previously only available in dedicated image editing applications.
The recording of the presentation has been split into 7 videos which can be accessed via the links below (YouTube links):