Who I Am and What I Do
I create and deliver IT Training to businesses and individuals. This training, which may be face-to-face or online, covers a range of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, Lync and VBA. I also have a wealth of experience with Apple Mac and iOS.
In addition to training, I design and develop MS Office based automated solutions which will ultimately save you time and money.
If you feel that I can be of help please get in touch.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of delivering face-to-face and virtual training
- Expertise in delivering training via a number of virtual delivery platforms
- Delivering 1:1 coaching & mentoring both virtually and face-to-face
- Delivering training in English to users whose first language is not English
- Designing training – including defining learning objectives and creating running orders
- Creating supporting materials such as PowerPoint presentations and exercises
- Creating written training materials – Quick Reference Guides, step-by-step tutorials and user guides
- Creating video based tutorials
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business
- SharePoint 2010 and Online – End User and Site Owner
- VBA programming
- Databases – MS Access and SQL Server
- ASP (for web development)
- Apple – I’ve worked extensively with OSX and Mac-related software since 2006
- Video editing (primarily using ScreenFlow on the Mac
- Audio editing – using various Windows and Mac based tools
- Web Conferencing Tools – Webex and Adobe Connect
- Industry-specific and company-specific bespoke applications and systems
ProjectsA selection of some recent high-profile projects that I have been involved with
Lync 2013 and OneDrive for Business Rollout – Lead Trainer
I was responsible for the educational part of this rollout, creating “how do I” materials including written Quick Reference Guides, short video tutorials and awareness training sessions.
Office 365 Email Rollout – Lead Trainer
During 2013 and 2014, 60,000 email accounts at a global pharmaceutical company were migrated from an Exchange 2003/2010 environment to Office 365 and with this migration came new ways of working. I was responsible for the educational element of the project, creating “how do I” materials including over 60 written Quick Reference Guides, short video tutorials and a 1-hour awareness training session that was delivered to all employees.
Yammer – Social Networking in The Enterprise – Lead Trainer
I designed and delivered a training programme called “Yammer – Social Networking in The Enterprise”.
The purpose of the training programme was to demonstrate how Yammer could be used to improve productivity and help users with their work. I delivered many training sessions to thousands of employees, which resulted in a huge increase in employee collaboration and engagement across the organisation.
Master Your Mailbox – Email Productivity – Lead Trainer
Following a number of email-related “support calls” from end users, I spotted an education opportunity and created (and delivered to thousands of users) a 1-hour training event which focussed on providing simple strategies for dealing with and managing email.
Employee Selection Tool – Solution Development
Following an announcement of a major headcount reduction, I worked closely with the HR team to design and build an electronic “employee selection tool” to automate the capturing of employee information and to match each employee’s suitability with the remaining roles. By automating the entire workflow process, the tool saved many hours and reduced the administration effort to almost zero.
Certificate Generator – Solution Development
Every course attendee receives a certificate of attendance. Using Microsoft Office, I created a program that automated the process of generating the certificates and sending them via email, thereby removing printing costs and considerably reducing the administrative time required to create and send the certificates.
Course Booking System – Solution Development
I designed and built a scalable, Enterprise-level Course Booking System for the IT Training team. Not only is the system used to manage and automate thousands of bookings per year, it is also used to generate monthly management reports and ad-hoc reports. Without the system, it would not have been possible for the team to offer the range of courses and levels of service that it is currently able to provide.
Course Feedback Capture System – Solution Development
Prior to me building this system, the process for collecting feedback from course attendees was manual and the ability to generate meaningful statistics and reports almost non-existent. Using a web-based tool and a database, I designed and created a system that completely automated the entire process. I also created an accompanying spreadsheet that automatically extracted the appropriate information from the database, meaning that reports and statistics could be generated in seconds!